cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Cannot install Pro/Engineer Student / Wildfire 5

pyanzick
1-Newbie

Cannot install Pro/Engineer Student / Wildfire 5

Hello,

I just purchased Creo Pro/Engineer Student Edition / Wildfire 5, and cannot get it installed.  I am able to get the license and when it is supposed to be copying files, it sits at 1% and never moves.  No errors, just sits there.  I have let it sit overnight, no change.

The system is a Windows 8.1 system with 32GB of RAM and 6 cores, installing onto an SSD.  Has multiple SSDs in it, and when pathing to another one, same problem.

I decided to try installing on a different system, a Windows 10 system that I have, and it won't allow me to, since it activated the license for the other system.

Both systems are x64, so I decided to try running the 32-bit version.  Exhibits the same behavior.

I am kind of stuck here..  I want to learn this software, but I can't get it to run.  I even went as far as trying the regular trial on my first system and it causes it to BSOD when loading it.  Right now I think I wasted my money on the student version to learn the product.

Anyone have any suggestions for me on how to get it installed?  Without any errors, it is kind of hard to troubleshoot.

1 REPLY 1

Paul,

you probably install WF5 using several MB large installation manager. When your Internet connection is not very fast, then you are in troubles ... You need to get 4GB full installation package, but it is not available on www.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/academicFree.jsp page.

Try to ask academic support at -

-OR-

http://support.ptc.com/appserver/support/academic_case_logger/academic_case_logger.jsp

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags