cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Formula SAE Student Account Help

cjmcclu2
2-Guest

Formula SAE Student Account Help

Hello PTC community,

I recently created my PTC student account with my university email address, but when I created my account, something went wrong and my account has not been created as a Formula SAE student account. Because of this, the team captain cannot add me to the team's Windchill server because it does not recognize my account as a Formula SAE account. Is there a way to set my account up as a Formula student account without having to create an entirely new account? I cannot create a new account because my university email address is already associated with this one and I must use that email to be included in the server, and I have already activated my Creo Schematics and Mathcad Prime licenses using this account.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Hello,

Please create the account using this link:

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/common/account/ptcacademic.jsp

This should create the account in the correct format and allow you to join the Windchill project.

Thanks,

Alex

Hello Alex,

As I stated in my previous post, I cannot simply create a new account. My University email, which I must use in order to be part of the Windchill server, has already been associated with my current account, and has not been set up as a Formula SAE account.

Is there a way to set my current account as a Formula SAE account? If not, is there a way to delete my current account so that I can create a new one using my University email? And if deleting my current account so that I can create a new one using my University email is the only option, will that invalidate the licenses that I have already activated using this account?

Thanks
Eshan
1-Newbie
(To:cjmcclu2)

I am having the same problem. I have set Formula SAE as my organisation on the web account management page of ptc, however my organisation is still shown as 'other' on my windchill profile. Would greatly appreciate some help

Top Tags