cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How do we Get Started? ( Suggestions ? )

ViniciusMelo
1-Newbie

How do we Get Started? ( Suggestions ? )

Hello, first of all i would like to introduce myself, my name is Vinicius Melo and i'm from Brazil. I'm studying Mechanical Engineer and i'm very interested in learning how to use Creo, as it seems to be a powerful tool for Mechanical Eng.

Unfortunately, it is quite expensive for us (students from Brazil) to get these PTC Courses, i didn't find any tutorials to start from the basics. I would suggest to publish some books at least to introduce the program. It is not easy to learn just by using the program, it is quite sad to say that even the good Universities here don't teach us even the 3D CAD/CAM/CAE basics.

I didn't find any book about Creo, it would be interesting for PTC, to have some books that would be a way to students from other countries to be able to learn how to use Creo and have potential future customers.

Also please let me know if there is any other way to learn how to use Creo, i watched the Creo Unveiling event and i want to congratulate all members from PTC that worked hardly to get us to a new CAD generation.

PS: I'm sorry that my english is not so good.

Thanks in Advance,

Vinicius Melo

Mechanical Engineer student at Federal University of Minas Gerais (UFMG - Brazil)

3 REPLIES 3

Somebody from this forum could me help, it should be any book avaible that give some concepts for all CAD programs;

Hello Vinicius,

I moved your discussion into our Eduction Program community. This should get the right people to answer your question.

-BostonDan

Vincius

there are a couple of ways you can get involved! If your university already has Creo Elements Pro on campus you can download the software free of charge as part of their arrangmnet with PTC. Alternatively you can purchase a student edition at the ptc.com estore. They offer a bundle which comes with a complete set of elearning materials (over 800+ hours, far more comprehensive than any text book!)

I hope this helps.

Announcements
Top Tags