cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How to make the custom tab of Activity in Windchill Project Plan seen by other team members?

fwang
1-Newbie

How to make the custom tab of Activity in Windchill Project Plan seen by other team members?

Hi,

We are using the windchill project plan to track the activities. We defined activities in the plan and added custom tabs such as the ActionItems and Notebook to track information. But these two tabs showing with grey background instead of blue for the original two tabs (Details and Related Objects). It also turned out that other team members do not see these two custom tabs at all. This makes it hard for us to track the action items and other information. How can we make the custom tabs to be seen by other team members? Here is a example:

Screen Shot 2015-10-11 at 3.28.01 PM.png

Thanks,

Fang Wang

Coach of FTC team #8565

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This action is reserved for Windchill Administrators and is not available to students, teachers or mentors on the Windchill Academic Server.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello,

Not sure, if you already aware but still wants to share - you can right click on custom tab and select option "Set Public" as shown below:

test123.png

Once done, background changes to blue and this custom tab now be visible to other team members too. Find below screen capture.

34567.png

I hope this helps you.

Best Regards,

Shirish

Thanks, Shirish. I did try right clicking on the tab. But I only have three options instead of 4 options you have. The option I need (Set Public) is missing. How can I get that option enabled for my account? Thanks.

Fang Wang

Coach of Technicbots, FTC team 8565

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:fwang)

Fang Wang‌, please send me a PM on this topic. Making a custom tab visible for all means setting it visible for ALL USERS on the system, not just the members of your project. I am happy to do that, but I'd like to get a better understanding of how you are structuring information in the Plan and it's Activities.

This action is reserved for Windchill Administrators and is not available to students, teachers or mentors on the Windchill Academic Server.

Top Tags