cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

PTC ROBOTALK October 17, 2012 Assembling a Robot from the Kit of Parts

jjc
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

PTC ROBOTALK October 17, 2012 Assembling a Robot from the Kit of Parts

We finished an exciting episode of PTC's ROBOTALK this Wednesday evening where we discussed how to assemble a robot from the kit of parts. The session began as usual with a video that introduced the concepts of the software kit of parts, assembly using these part files, analyzing the model for mass properties and simulation. Here is the introductory video:

Video Link : 3446

After the video, we went through each of the concepts introduced in the video and emphasized important aspects and techniques. Mark Fischer led the discussion and demonstrated how to convert static constraints into kinematic constraints and vice-versa. Mark also showed how to calculate mass properties and how to create the center of gravity as a feature in an assembly. He finished by showing an analysis of a robot rolling down a ramp and tipping because the center of gravity was to far forward. Each of these segments will be posted as videos in the next few weeks.

2 REPLIES 2

For some reason I dont get any sound when I see this video.

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:jjc)

Please double check your audio equipment. From a Windows computer, I can hear the audio without any problem.

Top Tags