cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

installation creo 7.08 student edition; license request failed for feature

ED_10492786
4-Participant

installation creo 7.08 student edition; license request failed for feature

Hello All,

After Installing creo7.08 student editon according installation guide I recieved error "license request failed for feature"

In parallel I recieved an sw license email prt email. But what to do with this package? How to install this?

I hope, somebody could help.

Kind regards

Figolino

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@ED_10492786 wrote:

Hello Martin, thank you for your support! See enclosed as requested  licence email. I covered my email and contact data with xxx. I am looking forward to your hints to solve the problem. 

Hi,

to resolve your problem, you have to edit parametric.psf file located in Parametric\bin subdirectory. In my Creo 7.0.9.0 installation the path to the file is E:\PTC\Creo7_090\Creo 7.0.9.0\Parametric\bin\parametric.psf.

Save sw_license_email_84994mod.txt for example into C:\Temp directory (you can save it into any other directory).

Open parametric.psf file in Notepad, locate following lines, check/modify their contents and save the file.

ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=C:\Temp\sw_license_email_84994mod.txt
ENV=CREO_APP=PMA
ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=CREOPMA_SchoolSTD6 ()

Important note:

Your license file is generated for network card with MAC address 6C-C2-17-78-4D-45. This network card must be alive when you start Creo. You can open Command prompt window and run ipconfig /all command to check, whether the network card is available.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

There was a similar question before:

@ED_10492786 wrote:

Hello All,

After Installing creo7.08 student editon according installation guide I recieved error "license request failed for feature"

In parallel I recieved an sw license email prt email. But what to do with this package? How to install this?

I hope, somebody could help.

Kind regards

Figolino

Hi,

please upload license. I will check its contents and give you an advice what to do.

Martin Hanák

Hello Martin, thank you for your support! See enclosed as requested  licence email. I covered my email and contact data with xxx. I am looking forward to your hints to solve the problem. 

@ED_10492786 wrote:

Hi,

to resolve your problem, you have to edit parametric.psf file located in Parametric\bin subdirectory. In my Creo 7.0.9.0 installation the path to the file is E:\PTC\Creo7_090\Creo 7.0.9.0\Parametric\bin\parametric.psf.

Save sw_license_email_84994mod.txt for example into C:\Temp directory (you can save it into any other directory).

Open parametric.psf file in Notepad, locate following lines, check/modify their contents and save the file.

ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=C:\Temp\sw_license_email_84994mod.txt
ENV=CREO_APP=PMA
ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=CREOPMA_SchoolSTD6 ()

Important note:

Your license file is generated for network card with MAC address 6C-C2-17-78-4D-45. This network card must be alive when you start Creo. You can open Command prompt window and run ipconfig /all command to check, whether the network card is available.

Martin Hanák

Hello Martin,
thank you very much!

Your guide worked well to solve my installation problem.

👍

Top Tags