cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

3D Plot in Mathcad 14 M020

ptc-1220816
1-Newbie

3D Plot in Mathcad 14 M020

I can not generate any 3D plots, 2D works fine.
At first I thought, my approach was wrong or 3D plotting works differently compared to Mathcad 13, but it turns out that none of the 3D plots in the Quicksheets will generate either. No error messages are given. Does anybody know, what the problem could be?
4 REPLIES 4
PhilipOakley
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-1220816)

Try a 'repair' of the installation (A windows
facility).
The 3d graphics is a specific component so may be
amenable to that.
Philip Oakley

Yes, you defenitely pointed out where the problem is, but the solution is still lacking. When I did what you suggested it gave me "Error 1904 Module: C\:Program Files\.... \????? failed to register. The ????? means the error occured 18 times involving *.dll and *.ocx files. I did a new install, didn't solve anything. Windows Vista Home Premium.
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-1220816)

Your problem is Vista. I don't know if it's possible to get version 13 running under the home premium edition, or how to do it if it is. I don't have Vista (for several reasons, but one of them is that too many programs will not run).

Richard

I found out in the meantime that this probably a bug in Mathcad 14. You can display a 3D plot - in my case and others - provided you remove the checkmark at "Border" through right click on the graph.
Top Tags