cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Grey screen with Mathcad 15 install

bphilp
4-Participant

Grey screen with Mathcad 15 install

Due to a clean of my works laptop i have had to reinstall all my software. On installing Mathcad 15 M030 i get a full installation without any errors, however when i open mathcad the main text window appears grey with several white dashed lines running horizontal and evenly spaced down the page (see attached). When i type anything it does not appear. On opening some previous mathcad sheets, nothing is visible until you scroll down and you get flashes of the content behind this grey screen, hence everything is there but blocked by the grey screen.

I'm expected to be in a Client office tomorrow and will not be able to do anything without Mathcad.. help.

p.s. i tried installing Mathcad 14 & 15 M010 and got the same results. I'm assuming there is something missing from Windows 7 that it requires?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:bphilp)

Barry Philp wrote:

Panic over.

So you solved your problem by readjusting the page size?

Incidentaly, how did you search for that thread. I'm new to this foum and could see an easy way to filter through the posts.

I remembered this thread and knew it was somewhere last year. So I entered "Mathcad zoom" (I guess an additional "grey" would have helped) in the search box at the upper right. Then I sorted the results by date and flipped through them. Adding "Mathcad" is necessary, otherwise you will get a lot of results from the Creo and other forums.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Werner_E
24-Ruby V

It looks like your problem relates to this one http://communities.ptc.com/message/204503#204503

bphilp
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

Panic over. Werner, thanks for the assistance. Incidentaly, how did you search for that thread. I'm new to this foum and could see an easy way to filter through the posts.

Thanks again,

B

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Barry Philp wrote:

Panic over.

So you solved your problem by readjusting the page size?

Incidentaly, how did you search for that thread. I'm new to this foum and could see an easy way to filter through the posts.

I remembered this thread and knew it was somewhere last year. So I entered "Mathcad zoom" (I guess an additional "grey" would have helped) in the search box at the upper right. Then I sorted the results by date and flipped through them. Adding "Mathcad" is necessary, otherwise you will get a lot of results from the Creo and other forums.

bphilp
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

Werner,

For some reason the page margin input values were in meters where as the programe was reading them as millimeters, hence i was seeing thousands of pages on screen, each a few millimeters in size. Once i changed the page size to the correct amount everything came good.

Cheers,

Barry

Top Tags