cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

How to assign a numerical value to the function to continue, when a calculation does not converge?

ajay94_shan
5-Regular Member

How to assign a numerical value to the function to continue, when a calculation does not converge?

the ordinate values for W(D,M) exceeds 10^307 at some points in calculation. I want to assign 10000 to W(D,M) in those cases. Please see attached mathcad file. Thanks for A to A.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You are using "on error" the wrong way.

It has to be the first statement (otherwise the error occurs and your routine fails) and calculation which may fail is on the RHS, not the LHS.

The following should do the job, but on first sight it looks to me that the value of M does not influence the result.

bild.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

You are using "on error" the wrong way.

It has to be the first statement (otherwise the error occurs and your routine fails) and calculation which may fail is on the RHS, not the LHS.

The following should do the job, but on first sight it looks to me that the value of M does not influence the result.

bild.png

ajay94_shan
5-Regular Member
(To:Werner_E)

Thank you very much Werner_E  !!!!!

Top Tags