cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Mathcad 12/13 Software Install - does nothing! Help!

FedericoArismen
1-Newbie

Mathcad 12/13 Software Install - does nothing! Help!

Need some help here guys. I'm a new employee tasked with installing Mathcad 13 on a machine. I was given a serial key for both v12 and v13. Once I ran the setup it asked me for both keys which it accepted. The software seemed to install fine. However when I go to programs and run the app nothing happens. Nothing pops up. Event logs show nothing, and processes never load mcad.exe Thoughts???
8 REPLIES 8

Which OS? Richard

Windows XP SP3

They should install OK. You almost certainly have a licensing issue. Do you have full admin rights on the PC? Do you have an internet connection on the PC? Have one or both of these been installed before on another PC? Richard

Yes I have full admin rights. I think its a licensing issue too but I cant seem to figure it out. The system is connected to the internet. It has Mathcad 7 installed (which runs) on it. I upgraded to 12 and nothing launches, same if I upgrade to 13. I cannot seem to find any license file on any of the three installs...

Uninstall all versions of Mathcad, then reinstall 12 and 13, but not 7. Only versions 11 and later can be concurrently installed on one PC. Richard

Tried that too

See number 8: https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/kdb.jsp?Product=Mathcad&Release=13&DocType=kdb_article Richard

Did you install the prereqs for Mathcad? You need the .NET framework. The version depends on the Mathcad version, use the version that is on the distribution CD (I think that MC13 needs .NET version 2). Also the XML support. The readme on the CD should tell you all the prereqs required -- there may be a data access module as well (although I think that is actually more or less optional, and affects only some particular I/O functions).
Top Tags