Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New release dates for Mathcad Prime 3.1 F000 and Mathcad 15 M040

Re: New release dates for Mathcad Prime 3.1 F000 and Mathcad 15 M040

I am looking forward to the M15 040 release the most. I'm curious about the MP3.1, but I won't put any money on it until PTC ups the game with MP.

My company's use of Mathcad is relatively basic. The most advanced feature we use is the API for importing designs into some proprietary software we have. At this point, the biggest hurdle in switching to Prime is that it does not have an API. My understanding of P3.1 is that it will, so I'm very eager for its release.

the biggest hurdle in switching to Prime is that it does not have an API. My understanding of P3.1 is that it will, so I'm very eager for its release.

Why do you think so?

As I had interpreted the information given so far the only major inprovements in P3.1 would be the official support of current windows versions and a better integration in Creo. I don't think that this would mean that Prime gets scriptable.

The fourth paragraph of this blog post:

PTC Mathcad Prime 3.1 will also include a completely rewritten API. The API is used to integrate and automate PTC Mathcad with other tools and in many different company processes. The API in PTC Mathcad Prime 3.1 has been re-written from scratch to be more efficient and easier to use. It also adds important new features like the ability to get and set data in different units and an event handler. We’re developing an extensive SDK with documentation and a number of worked examples to make designing your own integrations as easy as possible. - See more at: http://blogs.ptc.com/2014/09/15/ptc-mathcad-prime-past-present-future/#sthash.y4iYc3iV.dpuf

Am I misunderstanding?

Mark Gase wrote:

The fourth paragraph of this blog post:

PTC Mathcad Prime 3.1 will also include a completely rewritten API. The API is used to integrate and automate PTC Mathcad with other tools and in many different company processes. The API in PTC Mathcad Prime 3.1 has been re-written from scratch to be more efficient and easier to use. It also adds important new features like the ability to get and set data in different units and an event handler. We’re developing an extensive SDK with documentation and a number of worked examples to make designing your own integrations as easy as possible. - See more at: http://blogs.ptc.com/2014/09/15/ptc-mathcad-prime-past-present-future/#sthash.y4iYc3iV.dpuf

Am I misunderstanding?

Don't think so. Sounds promising but I wouldn't hold my breath.

We will see what that announcement is worth in the near future, I guess.

Has anyone looked at file "Ptc.SpiritAutomation" (which can be found in the following path: C:\Program Files\PTC\Mathcad Prime 3.0\)?