cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem to save Word object in Mathcad 15

richardm55
5-Regular Member

Problem to save Word object in Mathcad 15

I am looking for solution how to fix this issue. I use Mathcad 15 to produce the documents in it. As front page in this document there is embedded Word document. Recently I lose this front page very often. In this situation when I open Mathcad document I always get an error message. I have noticed the first page is saved but it can not be open for some reason (I recognize it for Mathcad file size).

I had this issue for long time but some time ago I found the solution for it. After opening Word in Mathcad I went to File menu and I did inspection of document and after finding some unneeded marks or other object and after removing them I could always open Mathcad document without loosing the first page.

But situation has recently worsen after Microsoft has updated their Office applications and I now the most time I lose the first page I can not do anything with it.

Has anyone heard about this issue and maybe someone knows the solution for it?

I will appreciate for any help.

8 REPLIES 8
VladimirN
23-Emerald II
(To:richardm55)

And what does your Word document contain? Just text?

richardm55
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

As front page have text and two images; logo and bottom graphic.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald I

Seems simple...

What about you add those elements directly in the Mathcad sheet, instead of via a MSword object...

Success!

Luc

richardm55
5-Regular Member
(To:LucMeekes)

Thanks for it but I know about that. Your advice does not answer my question what I am looking for.

VladimirN
23-Emerald II

Then you can paste the text using the text area in Mathcad, as well as paste the images into the worksheet.

richardm55
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

Thanks for that but it is not answer my question. I want to find out why I lose my front page sometimes.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald I

Can you attach an example?

Luc

richardm55
5-Regular Member
(To:LucMeekes)

Unfortunately, I can not because it is the company file.

Announcements
Check out the latest
Mathcad Tip
"PTC Mathcad 15 / Prime 1-6 Update."