cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Version 8 : Anything worth saving?

ELSID
4-Participant

Version 8 : Anything worth saving?

Found my old Mathcad 8 install disks (Can't find the darn book!).

If anyone can remember that far, are there any tools/e-books that may be worth "grabbing" that are not part of the 14 install. I would install in a VM.

I also found my Mathcad 6 floppies ... no floppy drive on newer computers 😞
9 REPLIES 9

If you ever had the Mathcad 8 Pro. it is worth a gold mine. You may want to do like I have done, i.e: have a folder of all the qs and a browser. It was not an easy task to get it fine, but it works, except that I have missed the appendix, which appendix I can't recuperate unless evaporating my actual 11.2a and re-installing 8 Pro.

jmG
ELSID
4-Participant
(To:ptc-1368288)

On 11/5/2009 6:32:20 PM, jmG wrote:
>i.e: have a folder of all the qs and a browser.
qs=Quick Sheets? Are they in a particular folder where I can just copy them or do I have to hunt and peck.

Does anyone know if it will install on XP pro? I can't seem to find my 98 disk to load into the VM
StuartBruff
23-Emerald III
(To:ELSID)

On 11/5/2009 7:02:02 PM, ElSid wrote:
== Does anyone know if it will install on XP pro? I can't seem to find my 98 disk to load into the VM

I don't know, but Mathcad 7 does.

Stuart

On 11/5/2009 7:02:02 PM, ElSid wrote:
>On 11/5/2009 6:32:20 PM, jmG wrote:
>>i.e: have a folder of all the qs and a browser.
>qs=Quick Sheets? Are they in a
>particular folder where I can just copy
>them or do I have to hunt and peck.

They reside in the folder qs. But unless you have an unusual memory to remember their sheet name and what's inside, you need a browser. But expanding all the sections and pasting in the main work sheet pastes in many different styles. An original design overlooked. The result is a very messy main browser page, but working. I did not bother making it presentable.

jmG

ELSID
4-Participant
(To:ptc-1368288)

Installed version 8 Pro Academic onto Vista 32 bit. Appears to run OK. Where would I be able to download the patches. http://www.adeptscience.co.uk/products/mathsim/mathcad8pro/mathcad8/803.html
I had Patch 2a on the disk. I also had Imagination Engineer LE, and CD's with handbooks (math & science and engineering. Apparently, there is also a full documented users manual :). Any and all help in obtaining the patches to update all files would be appreciated since it is no longer supported.

UPDATE: The qs sheets are linked to a handbook file named qsheets ... easy bonus.
What is the treasury? I installed everything and can not find a directory or such called treasury. I've taken the handbooks, qsheets, and doc folders for now. Will try and run them on 14.
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

On 11/5/2009 5:27:13 PM, ElSid wrote:
>Found my old Mathcad 8 install
>disks (Can't find the darn
>book!).
>
>If anyone can remember that
>far, are there any
>tools/e-books that may be
>worth "grabbing" that are not
>part of the 14 install.

If you have the pro version, yes. Grab the Mathcad Treasury. Some of it is now out of date, and some of the chapters have been rewritten (and are available on the PTC website), but there is a lot of useful information in there that is not available elsewhere.

Richard
ELSID
4-Participant
(To:RichardJ)

What is the treasury? I installed everything and can not find a directory or such called treasury. I've taken the handbooks, qsheets, and doc folders for now. Will try and run them on 14.

The qs sheets are linked to a handbook file named qsheets ... easy bonus. Just need to re-name the e-book from "resource center" (with notepad) and put in the e-books folder.
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

On 11/10/2009 12:19:47 PM, ElSid wrote:
>What is the treasury? I
>installed everything and can
>not find a directory or such
>called treasury.

It only came with 8 pro, not the academic edition. I now realize it was not on the Mathcad CD either; it was on a separate CD.

Richard

ELSID
4-Participant
(To:RichardJ)

Thank you,
Is it worth and is there a way of grabbing the maple engine? I know people are not impressed with mupad and I do know that 8 used the maple engine.
Announcements

Top Tags