Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"These units are not compatible"

SOLVED
Highlighted

"These units are not compatible"

Hello!

I'm trying to calculate a simple formula but I have some problems with the units. I'm getting the following message: These units are not compatible. Everything is in mm, and I'm using Mathcad Prime 3.0 express. What is the problem?

K%C3%A9pkiv%C3%A1g%C3%A1s.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: "These units are not compatible"

Use please not floor but Floor!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Use please not floor but Floor!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you!

Highlighted

That worked? Wow, I'm a bit surprised. Doesn't Floor (with capital F) require two arguments. Also, I didn't think floor or Floor would work with units.

Highlighted

For the second argument you have to enter 1mm

Highlighted

Roger Yeh wrote:

Also, I didn't think floor or Floor would work with units.

A floor has units - m^2 in Europe and ft^2 in U.S.

Highlighted

It would be a good idea to consolidate the functions into one - the second parameter would default to the 1*unit of the first one.

Highlighted

Werner Exinger wrote:

It would be a good idea to consolidate the functions into one - the second parameter would default to the 1*unit of the first one.

... into one - floor or Floor, round and Round, ceil or Ceil etc?

It would be too a good idea to do an order in functions name.

Now we can use find and Find, minimize and Minimize etc. Bit we can use Sin only sin etc

Highlighted

Valery Ochkov wrote:

Werner Exinger wrote:

... into one - floor or Floor?

Both, for compatibility reasons. One being an alias of the other. With the default, I suggested, backward compatibility (to find()) would be guaranteed.

Highlighted

I cannot plot this simple plot in 3D. could you please suggest whats wrong with mathcad or with my plotting.

Highlighted

For future questions please open a new thread.

Prime's plotting capabilities are far away from being anything near state of the art and especially the 3D-plots of Prime are catastrophic and almost useless.

Prime's quickplot feature (you never tell Prime the range for x and y) will only use dimensionless x- and y-values, bt your functions needs length-arguments.

You could provide length arguments by defining appropriate ranges (with units) for x and y, but Prime won't allow units at the x- and y-axis. Only the z-values are allowed to have units.

Workaround could be to define a new auxiliary function

Z_plot(x,y):=Z(x*mm, y* mm)

and plot this function - this should work. Apply the units which make sense for your application.

Announcements