cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

state space output problems

prop_design
15-Moonstone

state space output problems

hi,

i'm still having problems trying to work with the output of the state space solver. it might be something simple, but i've been going in circles all day. the first problem is the plots look a lot closer than the table output. the second problem is there is a lot of error compared to the odesolve output. it's pretty easy to work with the odesolve output. the state space output has been giving me problems for days.

basically, i'm trying to compute velocity, acceleration, and kinetic energy from the state space output. the velocity doesn't match compared to what the solver outputs as the last column of the solution matrix. the acceleration doesn't seem to match either. i'm not sure why, when i plot it, it looks like it is matching. but if i look at the output in tables it's way off. i attached two files. the odesolve one seems to be fine. the state space file has been kicking my butt.

thanks,

anthony

1 REPLY 1

god, finally. i think i got it worked out  now. it's actually less error than odesolve now. i'll post the updated files to the main thread with these examples.

Announcements

Top Tags