cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Animation in WF5

GRS
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Animation in WF5

Does anyone have a good tutorial for doing an animation in WF5?

Thanks for your help and attention!

Jerry

2 REPLIES 2
BrianMartin
11-Garnet
(To:GRS)

The standard help file for animations is terrible. Frankly, animations in regular Pro/E wildfire are terrible. They're so bad, they're bordering on unacceptably bad.

However, with Creo View you can make some very nice animations in a snap. Unless you're hot to play with mechanisms and spend a whole bunch of time in the animation package, you may want to try Creo View. If you DO finally get Pro/ANIMATE to work, the output ranges from decent to poor. It's never what I would call "very good".

PTC University offers some bare bones animation instructions but I don't think they're very good either. What are you trying to accomplish? Maybe we can help steer you in the right direction. If you're lucky, you won't even need the animation package. Yuck....::shudder::

Brian,

Thanks for the help on this! It is much appreciated. Yes I was trying to use WF5 to do the animation. I guess that I will forget that idea. We do have Creo view Express, but it does not let us do any animation. Do you know of any other software or ??? to do animation with Proe files?

Thanks again for the help!

Jerry

Top Tags