cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Sigamaxim Smart Assembly - Tutorial

charlesbronson
5-Regular Member

Sigamaxim Smart Assembly - Tutorial

Is there any tutorial for Smart Assembly for Creo?
I have been scourging the internet for any learning material, I could only find few YouTube videos of the initial setup. Is there any full on tutorial in the internet where I could learn the application of each syntax and how it is applied.

With Regards

Charles

16 REPLIES 16

I haven't seen anything on it either. You may want to contact sigamaxim directly since that is a third party add on.

http://www.sigmaxim.com/Products/SmartAssembly/smartassembly.html

charlesbronson
5-Regular Member
(To:StephenW)

Hi

Sigmaxim is charging a hefty fees for their training inspite of our company paying the license. Its not feasible enough for me to pay separately and learn it from them.

I got the admin and user guide, it is not thorough enough or easy to understand. It is vague to put it in other words.

Isn't there any individual contributors in here who could help me learn it?

Regards

Charles

Hi,

I guess that Smart Assembly is not developed by Sigamaxim. I know the same product name which is developed by  B&W software GmbH, see https://www.buw-soft.de/index.php?id=smartassembly

B&W software GmbH has two groups on this community web - IFX and AFX. I hope if you ask specific question concerning Smart Assembly in these groups then some B&W person will respond.

Martin Hanák
charlesbronson
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Hi Martin

Smart Assembly is infact develped by Sigmaxim (http://www.sigmaxim.com/Products/SmartAssembly/smartassembly.html). 

I heard about B&W too, but I am not sure whether both are using similar kind of script and processes. I'll check out the two communities - IFX and AFX. Thanks for the heads up.

Regards

Charles

Hi,

what can you see if you open license file in Notepad. I can see following text:

license_file.png

Martin Hanák
charlesbronson
5-Regular Member

Hi

I am surprised to see that my license shows the same thing.

License image.png

Now I am confused, what is the difference between B&W and Sigmaxim. Why do Sigmaxim provide B&W license?

Regards

Charles

Hi,

it's simple and easy. Sigmaxim sells B&W products 🙂

Martin Hanák
charlesbronson
5-Regular Member

Hi

Is it? That is news to me. That means that both Sigmaxim Smart Assembly and B&W Smart Assembly are one and the same. This would make it little bit easier to search for learning materials.

You pointed out that there were two communities (AFX - Advanced Framework Extension & IFX - Intelligent Faster Extension). Is there any community that deals specifically with Smart Assembly in here?

Smart assembly B&w.png

Regards

Charles

Hi,

I am almost sure that there is no Smart Assembly group in PTC Community.

Martin Hanák
charlesbronson
5-Regular Member

May I ask, how did you learn Smart Assembly?

Thank you.

Regards

Charles.

Hi,

I am not Smart Assembly user. I only know that this product exists. Please do not ask me questions concerning Smart Assembly.

Martin Hanák
charlesbronson
5-Regular Member

Hi

I'm sorry. My bad. You had Smart assembly license and I thought you knew how to work on it.

Thanks.

Regards

Charles

I know this is a little dated, but this was a useful getting started resource for me: http://www.cadquest.com/smartassembly-introduction-to-programming.aspx

charlesbronson
5-Regular Member
(To:StephenW)

Hi

Sigmaxim doesn't provide training for free even if you bought the license from them. I got the admin and user guide but it is not thorough. I think this was done purposefully so people will pay for the training material. 

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:charlesbronson)

They only give out the training materials to those who pay for it (just like PTC.)  The best you can do without taking the training is to read the user guide, the admin guide, and then practice on your own.  Unfortunately there are many things not really covered in the documentation (big picture, general concepts, best practices, etc.).

The CADquest Textbook for SmartAssembly brought me up to speed with co-workers who attended the official Sigmaxim training. It is for SmartAssembly 5 but it is forwards compatible. Best thirty bucks I spent.

Top Tags