cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

houston area pro/e training

StephenW
23-Emerald II

houston area pro/e training

I was asked, "does anyone in the Houston area provide pro/e training"? Of course it was qualified with the "except the $2000 (or whatever), week long class" Anyway, as I question the original questioner, turns out a buddy of his is recently un-employed and has lots of experience with AutoCAD, but has never used pro/e. He's trying use this "opportunity" to possibly improve his market-ability.

I'm not sure what his budget is or if he is looking for college course or fast-track training or what. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
hippe
1-Newbie
(To:StephenW)

Check out EAC Live! training. www.getyourtrainingon.com. Thisis instructor led trainingonline. It is the same class you would take in center while using the hardware/software at the training center online. You do need more that dial-up Internet for access, butI have the lowest grade DSL where I live and I can tell no difference in performance whether I was using the computer on-site or not. You still get the class training guide and all of the classroom interaction you expectas there are mics at all workstations and on the instructor. The instructor can see the computer you are using and help you as if you were right thereandyou see all ofthe lecturecontent of the class as well. The ONLY difference is you don't see his smiling face or the those of the other students. A headsetwith mic is provided for youas well, which you keep and use for future classes. Students find the convenience is so awesome and productivity and satisfaction with Pro/E increases to a level thattheyend up taking more training. Definitely worth checking out!

The San Jacinto College Aerospace Academy have offered Pro/E classes at no charge over the last several years to the local aerospace industry as part of the Texas Workforce Commission Skills Development Fund. Unfortunately, they will not be offering Pro/E this year, since they did last year and I don’t think they can offer them back to back.

Here is the contact info for the person who oversees this at San Jac if you have specific questions on this program.

Whitney Gabbert

Project Coordinator

San Jacinto College

Aerospace & Biotechnology Academy

<u>-</u>

281-244-5013
Top Tags