cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Top Community Engagers December 2020

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager

Top Community Engagers December 2020

Any poetry enthusiasts among us? I hope so! I decided to quote one of my favorite poets tonight 🙂

While I was reviewing Top Contributors for December, I was looking out my New England window at the tall pines armored by interlocking, white, deep frozen water molecules.  A thought came to me about how perfectly each snowflake (all unique and different) came together to make a beautiful shield for the branches of these fine trees against the cold. Have you ever had a chance to look at the exquisite geometry of a snowflake?  This  article  Classifying the geometry of snowflakes highlights their beauty and diversity"   shares the story of simple hexagons and star-shaped dendrites that bring some grief but a whole lot of enjoyment! 

planecryrstals.jpg

Congratulations to all our December Top Engagers!

@Werner_E @TomU @ValeryOchkov   @FredKohlhepp   @Dale_Rosema  @LucMeekes @PetrP    @T_F    @MartinHanak       @Ashritha   @ttokoro    @Pekholm   @jwagh  Ã¥wijkmark    @tbraxton @MikeLockwood     @Chris3    @BenLoosli    @ranjank    @Javid_Nezhad                             

snowflake.jpg

Here  are also a few photos of my woods on this "snowy" evening!  Enjoy!

Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening

Whose woods these are I think I know.   
His house is in the village though;   
He will not see me stopping here   
To watch his woods fill up with snow. 
trees2.jpg

My little horse must think it queer   
To stop without a farmhouse near   
Between the woods and frozen lake   
The darkest evening of the year.   
trees5.jpg

He gives his harness bells a shake   
To ask if there is some mistake.   
The only other sound’s the sweep   
Of easy wind and downy flake.   
maplelake2.jpg

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   
But I have promises to keep,   
And miles to go before I sleep,   
And miles to go before I sleep.
trees4.jpg

Robert Frost, “Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening” from The Poetry of Robert Frost, edited by Edward Connery Lathem. Copyright 1923, © 1969 by Henry Holt and Company, Inc., renewed 1951, by Robert Frost. Reprinted with the permission of Henry Holt and Company, LLC.
2 REPLIES 2
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Jaime_Lee)

.... are you implying that we are all a bunch of flakes, each one a little different than the other?     🙂

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager
(To:Dale_Rosema)

I will let everyone decide if they want to be a "flake" or not.

laughingemoji.jpg

Top Tags