cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Can't get rid of extra curves in merged part

pimm
14-Alexandrite

Can't get rid of extra curves in merged part

I have a part that merges into another part.

The original part has projected curves which will be stamping.  I have saved the view status so it only shows these curves on my Solid Model.

When I merge this model into another part model it brings in not only the curves that I do need, but also several sketches that were used in the original model file.  SEE ATTACHED and note the light and dark blue curves that are on a flat plane.

Extra Curves.JPG

If you can't get rid of the original sketch curves by doing a Save Status in the original model how do you get rid of these?

When I go back to the original part model I only see the curves that I want to see, not the curves from the originating sketches.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
James62
10-Marble
(To:pimm)

Try it with layers, best with layer rules looking for curves and sketches.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
James62
10-Marble

Try it with layers, best with layer rules looking for curves and sketches.

pimm
14-Alexandrite
(To:James62)

Thank you, that does care of the extra sketches.

It would be nice if the view status was just like what you see when you bring up the part, but since that doesn't work it is a relief that these sketches still can be hidden.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine

You can hide the merge feature, and save status.

pimm
14-Alexandrite
(To:Inoram)

Matt:  In many cases I do hide the merge feature, but in this situation I need to have the projected curves visible, but don't want to see the other curves.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine

ah ok, you can probably copy just what you want, but that's probably more work then necessary.

Top Tags