cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Drawings] Any tricks for sorting a repeat region with a comment cell?

Re: [Drawings] Any tricks for sorting a repeat region with a comment cell?

He's looking for the component parameters as assigned in the assembly. I think they should be visible to drawing notes, but the online help gives no guidance on how to do so.

Ref http://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/usascii/#page/fundamentals%2Ffundamentals%2Ffund_seven_sub...

Aha ... missunderstanding...

@dschenken wrote:

He's looking for the component parameters as assigned in the assembly. I think they should be visible to drawing notes, but the online help gives no guidance on how to do so.

Ref http://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/usascii/#page/fundamentals%2Ffundamentals%2Ffund_seven_sub...

He can use &<param_name>:FID_<feat_ID> notation, where <feat_ID> is component ID visible in Model Tree column named Feat ID.

Martin Hanák
Highlighted

The component parameter can be show in a note per the following as stated by MartinHanak:

&<param_name>:FID_<feat_ID> notation, where <feat_ID> is component ID visible in Model Tree column named Feat ID.

I am looking at using a component parameter to drive the repeat region BOM Index as  dschenken stated.  I then can use the same component parameter" to use notes.  Currently, this isn't possible with the rpt,index.

One thing I will be looking at is how to automatically create the BOM Index component parameter when each component is assembled.  Any thoughts?

Hi,

define mapkey for component parameter creation and run it after finishing assembling process.

... or develop an application which provides requested functionality.

Martin Hanák