cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Problem with geometric pattern failing

bridgel
3-Visitor

Problem with geometric pattern failing

I am tring to basically create an inset grid on my part. What I want to do is simply create an "L" shaped cut and then us the geometric pattern tool to replicate this into a grid. I can add the two final sides then to complete it. My problem is that if I create the "L" shape with lengths 2.8" equal and then make the pattern at 2.8" intervals, it fails. It seems to want the sides to be.005" short so I get these little uncut section at each intersection. See below:

bad+cut+Capture.JPG

How do I make this work?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I changed it to a pattern copy and it worked fine as suggested above. Guess I don't really understand the difference between the two. Thanks all.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Patterns tend to have a mind of their own. Sometimes is it easier to pattern a more complete cell.

Bret,

I guess that Geometry pattern instances cannot intersect each other (you can report it to PTC Support, if you think that it is a bug). Therefore you have to use Pattern with General option set.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

I know I reported Patterning bugs in Creo 2.0 M040. It was later reported fixed but I haven't confirmed this.

Patterns would skip random instances. It would not report them as failed on occasion either.

I changed it to a pattern copy and it worked fine as suggested above. Guess I don't really understand the difference between the two. Thanks all.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags