cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Sweep in two seccion

Highlighted

Question about Sweep in two seccion

Good day

I have a question, I'm trying to make an aluminum frame for a freezer but for this requir make a plastic cornerback for joining profiles.

When developing the plastic profile sweep use the tool, which makes me the piece at 90 ° but I require is to make the parts to an internal angle of 90 ° but the outside what I require a radio.

Frame.jpg

I appreciate your help

Tags (2)
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Re: Question about Sweep in two seccion

I would not make this with a sweep.  I'd extrude one side, cut it at the 45 degree angle, extrude the second side through next and add the radius after with a round feature.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Highlighted

Hi Doug

I understand what you say, but I can not do an external radio, since the geometry of the part will not let me, let me know if the function sweep I can do two track (1 track 90 ° internal and the second with a radio) ??

Highlighted

Hi,

Surely you would be looking to do a revolved section through 90 degrees making the axis of revolution on the inner corner.

Highlighted

That depends on the design intent.  Looking at the image, it doesn't look like the outer radius is smaller than a 90 degree revolve would produce. 

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Highlighted

Sony makes a nice "radio" if you require one..... 

Highlighted

Jajaja

Ok, my mistake, I mean diameter

Highlighted

Are you looking for something like this?

Capture.JPG

The curve shown in your image has a radius to small to create this shape in one sweep s the inner surfaces would be self intersecting.  If you are looking to only radius the outer profile, two sweeps, one at a 90 and one with a radius could accomplish that.

Creo is an endless adventure: Always more to learn.
Highlighted

Hello Kevin

It is similar but the inside of the I require 90 °, if conducted in 2 parts the connection between them as I make, since it is internal and external to 90 ° it is with a radius

Highlighted

The inside portion can be made with a 90 and the outside with a radius.  The second curve needs the radius to start and end tangent to the 90 degree portion so that it is a 90 on the inside edge (similar to my previous example).

Creo is an endless adventure: Always more to learn.
Highlighted

It can but the radius needs to be the same as the width of your profile section.

Announcements