cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

repeat region tbls - built in parameters

ptc-3006345
1-Newbie

repeat region tbls - built in parameters

Hello,

We are trying to create a repeat region table, and we cannot figure out the callouts for permanent parameters:

Drawing = &dwg

Number = ???

Thanks,

Jeremy

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

Jeremy
A quick way to see the available parameters for your parts is to pick the model tree button Settings, and select Tree Columns. Change the type to:
Model Params to see the available model parameters,
Database Params to see Windchill or Intralink parameters,

- Important universal Parameters for formats are:
* &ptc_wm_lifecycle_state
* &ptc_wm_revision
* &Current_sheet
* &Total Sheets
* &Scale

The parameters you listed are unique to your parts. They are not standard parameters everyone using ProE has.
David Haigh

Thanks, what is the universal parameter for filename, number, and name?
TracyWillis
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-3006345)

Hello Jeremy,
To specify the "FILE NAME" you can use &model_name
I can't recall the parameter for NAME - there is probably one available though.
&dwg_name is the "FILE NAME" for a drawing
*BUT - Apparently there is NO built in parameter for an item's NUMBER.
I had a similar post on this issue recently and found out that it isn't possible.
That seems a bit odd to me because it is a constant value. It would be nice if that were available to use.

Good luck - & stuff

Mr. Tracy Willis
Designer / Drafter

Cook Urological, Inc.
11OO West Morgan Street
Spencer, IN 47460

Just a comment on advisability of using the "file name" in your repeat region.

I'm going to assume you are creating a BOM for an assembly drawing. Using the File Name in the description field of the BOM isn't advisable. For several reasons:

* None of the end users of the drawing other than CAD users are going to want to know what the file name of the cad object is.

* Using the file name really restricts what you can put in that field of the BOM, and because ProE files can't have spaces in the name you end up either underscores or dashes where you don't really want them.

* The filename can cause problems if you want to fake that field.

Typically most people have custom parameters in their start parts for the BOM description and Part number. Those are what they show in the BOM.

If you want to display the "file name" some place on the drawing you can do that somewhere other than the BOM.

David Haigh

We always used The parameter &model_name for the drawing/part number and the parameter &description for the actual part name. Example: 123456 for &model_name and then Bracket-mounting for &description.

I'm struggling with a repeat region BOM table... it's defined like this:

[cid:image001.png@01CF4E86.426D5780]

But when inserted into a drawing the rpt.qty & rpt.index columns are empty or just show the name of the parameter:

[cid:image002.png@01CF4E86.426D5780]

Seems like rpt.qty & rpt.index would be automatically easy... anybody have a suggestion as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
-Ter

Terrence McFall
CAD Systems Administrator
Varian Medical Systems
Palo Alto, CA USA

650-424-6039 desk
650-799-0179 cell

We use&ptc_common_name for Name.

In the New dialogue box Name is filename &model_nameand Common Name is Name/Description&ptc_common_name Clear as mud...isn´t it....

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags