cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Missing Thing Template: IndustrialGateway

jdekramer
7-Bedrock

Missing Thing Template: IndustrialGateway

Hello everyone,

I'm quite new to ThingWorx and I wanted to create a new thing in ThingWorx Composer using the template 'IndustrialGateway', but I don't have that template. Does anyone know how to add this template? I meet the minimal requirements stated on the support site of PTC, I'm using ThingWorx Studio 8.2.0 and KEPServerEX 6.4 and Composer 7.

Any suggestions, it would really help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:jdekramer)

I would recommend openning a support ticket and setting up a webex with a dedicated engineer.

In the meantime, one thing I can think of -  make sure your KEPServerEX is 6.1 or higher. A common issue causing the connection failed is not disabling a Legacy mode To disable the Legacy Mode in Kepware ->Project-> Properties-> ThingWorx.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
posipova
20-Turquoise

What is your ThingWorx platform version? Did kepware extension install successfully or were there any errors? Please check the application log.

Hello @posipova,

Thanks for the response. First my ThingWorx platform version is 8.2.0.2742 and it has no errors so I think this should be alright. If you by the kepware extension you mean the KEPServerEX it has installed successfully, but I wasn't able to establish a connection between KEPServerEX and ThingWorx and it has started to generated errors about lost updates. But I'm talking about KEPServerEX on another post (https://community.ptc.com/t5/Manufacturing-Apps/cannot-connect-to-Thingworx-from-Kepserverex-V6-Thingworx-native/m-p/538422#M499), for the completeness I have added the Event Log. Is there maybe something else I can try?

Best regards,

Joan de Kramer

posipova
20-Turquoise

I would recommend openning a support ticket and setting up a webex with a dedicated engineer.

In the meantime, one thing I can think of -  make sure your KEPServerEX is 6.1 or higher. A common issue causing the connection failed is not disabling a Legacy mode To disable the Legacy Mode in Kepware ->Project-> Properties-> ThingWorx.

Hi @jdekramer,

No need to install anything for your requirement. You require only one thing for your application i.e make sure you have jre 131 installed in your PC then only you will be able to connect your Kepware to Thingworx. At the same time create a same name thing in your Thingworx with a thing template as remote thing. and use a application key to connect it.

Do let me if you still have any problem. Give me a call if you have any issues. I think i can help you in this part. I am pretty good into this part. I can connect it your kepware to local thingworx as well as your cloud.

Regards

Saddam

Hi @shussain1,

As it turns out I was using an older version of Composer so that was the reason I was missing the specific template. Also, I was trying to connect to a localhost instead of the experience URL. The whole story is on this thread: cannot connect to Thingworx from Kepserverex V6 Thingworx native interface.

Best regards,

Joan dK

Top Tags