cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Anyone running a good Virtual Desktop setup?

Dmi3U
15-Moonstone

Anyone running a good Virtual Desktop setup?

Hi,

there are couple of old threads on this topic, so, I thought I would ask again:

Is anybody running creo in virtual desktop? We have set it up, but it looks like it is confused about all drop-down or popup windows in creo - it tries to refocus on that window, but as you move cursor to it it blinks and brings the main creo window forward making it impossible to select any options from the drop-down. Did anyone figure out the setting that works?

Thank you,

Dmitry

2 REPLIES 2
bmüller
13-Aquamarine
(To:Dmi3U)

Hi Dmitry,

can you post some details?

We are worried about performance, as Creo needs the best single thread performance you can get.

Thinking about dedicated CAD-Workstations in the datacenter.

br Bernhard

Dmi3U
15-Moonstone
(To:bmüller)

You can see a lot of information about virtualization of CAD environment on nVidia web site. We have created vGPU to process graphics and it works relatively well. The biggest advantage of this is that data is not traveling anywhere - you only streaming video, which makes it fast and secure.

Virtual desktop is a bit different. Some people call it a kiosk-mode. Instead of logging on to VM you just start a virtual application which opens a window on your desktop. Seems like it is working with ms office tools, so i tried to install creo on the same console and it starts, but as i described above can not manage multiple windows ( menus, dialogues and drop-down windows).

Top Tags