cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

CREO License problem after upgrade

MaCallan
4-Participant

CREO License problem after upgrade

I have 3 seats of Creo, but can only access 2.

2 were installed a while ago and the third was just upgraded this week from WF.

The new seat has a "Creo Essentials 1" license, and the 2 existing seats retain "Creo parametric" licenses.

I am using a flexnet license server on a seperate machine with floating licenses accessed by 3 machines.

I installed the new license file, but I cannot open more than 2 instances of Creo among any combination of machines - it apparantly does not recognize or know to use the "Creo Essentials 1" license

The error message shows:

"Creo Parametric": 2 seats in use, 0 available

"Creo Essentials 1": 0 seats in use, 1 available

Any help or tips to solve this would be appreciated.

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Matt,

see attached Word document. I hope it helps you to manipulate with your launch commands .

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

From what I can tell is that Creo Essentials 1 is Creo Parametric and the flexible modeling extension. Something is not configured right in your license file.

Contact support and they will walk you through getting the license sorted out.

You might also look at the license file and see if it looks correct. It should be more specific than the code names for the packages.

Matt,

there are two steps you have to do, when you update your licenses at PTC.

1.] get new license file and "install" it in license server

2.] reconfigure Creo installation and modify existing "launch" command or create new one

I guess that your existing "launch" command is still pointing to PROE_FoundationAdv name (with qty=2).

Creo Essentials 1 has different name, maybe PROE_EssentialsI ... your existing "launch" command does not know about it.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
MaCallan
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

Thanks - but how do I do this:

"2.] reconfigure Creo installation and modify existing "launch" command or create new one"

MaCallan
4-Participant
(To:MaCallan)

created by Lukasz Mazur in Creo

Thanks - but how do I do this:

"2.] reconfigure Creo installation and modify existing "launch" command or create new one"

Well, you haven't specified which version of Creo you use. For Creo 1.0, there is directory Parametric\bin and you run ptcsetup.bat from that directory, while in Creo 2.0 there is no ptcsetup.bat and there is reconfigure.exe instead. Unfortunately, setup dialog boxes between those two versions are completely different, so I won't write it step by step two times Anyway, it all comes down to this:

You have to get to "Edit License" dialog box (it should have something like "parametric Creo Parametric (default)" in it, along with buttons New, Edit and Delete on the right side of the window. You should select this "parametric" entry from the list (I guess you have only one) and click Edit, which will open new window, where you can edit licenses. Here's the tricky part: on the right side of the window, there is a field "Licenses to run". For Creo Parametric license to run is "PROE_AdvFoundation" (or something like this), while for Creo Essentials I actually don't remember, but it's different My guess is, on all machines you have Creo configured with license for Creo Parametric and the license for Essentials is not requested by any of them. You should remove license for Creo Parametric and replace it with license for Essentials on one of the machines and then just click Next/OK until you'll get to the point of reconfiguring your software.

If you'd say which version of Creo you use, I might be able to write you a more detailed guide on how to reconfigure licenses.

I am using creo 2.0. I've already tried the reconfigure.exe which opens "installation assistant" but there isn't a "edit license" option.

There is a "setup license" button, but its greyed out.

The only option is "customize exisiting software"

Next dialog is "License Identification" (simple license entry, advanced license entry, and license summary.)

I tried every option every way I can think of with no results.

Anything you can think of?

-Matt

Have you contracted customer support or logged a case? They will sit through the entire process with you until it works. We would be lost without them.

Matt,

see attached Word document. I hope it helps you to manipulate with your launch commands .

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
MaCallan
4-Participant

Thanks! In my frustration I didn't even see the little "customize" button. I will try that now.

MaCallan
4-Participant
(To:MaCallan)

PS: I did open a case but have been waiting for days now...

MaCallan
4-Participant

Perfect - that did it. Martin: Did you put that doc together or did you have it handy? You get extra points.

Matt,

it took me 5 minutes to create doc for you....

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
MaCallan
4-Participant

Thanks again!

Top Tags