cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Can we extract the features from the igs or neutral file format?

Bhoopathy
4-Participant

Dear PTC Users,

Attached the sample image. Untitled.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

IGES, to the best of my knowledge, does not contain any information about "features". It just defines surfaces that (hopefully) bound the solid volume. Since it doesn't have any data about features, it can't make them.

I'm not sure if any of the latest translation methods incorporate features of any sort, either (i.e. direct translation of SolidWorks files into Creo).

Bhoopathy
4-Participant
(To:KenFarley)

Hi KenFarley,

Thanks for the info.

Myself previously worked with SOLIDWORKS community. There you have the feature recognition tool called FeatureWorks. This minimize the manual interruption.

Looking the same in PTC Creo.

Regards,

Bhoopathy

As Ken mentioned not any option available. However there is FRT (Feature recognition tool) in Creo, which can help with specific type of features e.g. Holes/fillets etc but not much in detail. 

Hi MaheshSh,

Thanks for the update,

As suggested,

With the help of Creo Parametric with Unite and Flexible Modeling we can achieve the results. But the constraint how we can generate driving dimensions & bidirectional associativity. 

Top Tags