cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Config Error Madness

lkerila
1-Newbie

Config Error Madness

I suddenly started getting a config error whenever I start a new part, or even bring into session an existing part. This only occurs in WF4. Strangely enough, I have WF5 running from the same config.pro, and it doesn't have the same problem. I have no other config files (as far as I know, and yes, I've checked).

Here is the error message:

Line 20: Unknown keyword MECH_STR.

Line 21: Unknown keyword MECH_THR.

Line 22: Unknown keyword MOLD_OWNER.

Has anyone seen this before, and more importantly, know how to fix it?

Cheers!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
RandyJones
19-Tanzanite
(To:lkerila)

On 12/10/11 22:31, Lar Kerila wrote:
>
> I suddenly started getting a config error whenever I start a new part, or even bring into session
> an existing part. This only occurs in WF4. Strangely enough, I have WF5 running from the same
> config.pro, and it doesn't have the same problem. I have no other config files (as far as I know,
> and yes, I've checked).
>
> Here is the error message:
>
> Line 20: Unknown keyword MECH_STR.
>
> Line 21: Unknown keyword MECH_THR.
>
> Line 22: Unknown keyword MOLD_OWNER.
>
> Has anyone seen this before, and more importantly, know how to fix it?
>

Help | System Information
and then look for the section titled "Configuration files read:"
Pro/Engineer will tell you the configuration files read on startup. Look for the config.pro(s)
Fix as appropriate with your favorite text editor.

> Cheers!
>
>
> -----End Original Message-----

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Randy Jones
Systems Administrator
Great Plains Mfg., Inc.
1525 E North St
PO Box 5060
Salina, KS USA 67401
email: -
Phone: 785-823-3276
Fax: 785-667-2695
------------------------------------------------------------------------

While I haven't seen it before...

The .pdf WF4.0 Config Options does not contain the three options giving you an error. With the frequency that config.pro options changewith each release, it couldeither be an obsolete option (pre WF4), or a WF5 only option (as you're using the same config.pro for bothWF versions.There is alsoa chance it's one of the many hidden options, but I don't have that list readily accessable so I can't be certain.

The solution is to remove them from your config.pro file.

In Reply to Lar Kerila:

I suddenly started getting a config error whenever I start a new part, or even bring into session an existing part. This only occurs in WF4. Strangely enough, I have WF5 running from the same config.pro, and it doesn't have the same problem. I have no other config files (as far as I know, and yes, I've checked).

Here is the error message:

Line 20: Unknown keyword MECH_STR.

Line 21: Unknown keyword MECH_THR.

Line 22: Unknown keyword MOLD_OWNER.

Has anyone seen this before, and more importantly, know how to fix it?

Cheers!

Hi Lar Kerila

check your Tree configuration file. WF4 does not have the settings: MECH_STR, MECH_THR and MOLD_OWNER.

So just save a new Tree file for WF4 and use it then it should work!

Greetings Sam

Samuel Brantner
B&W Software GmbH
Top Tags