cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Config.pro file

Kumar_KB
12-Amethyst

Config.pro file

I see wtpub in my config.pro before all my directory locations. What are it and its use? Where did we get this one?

exp: drawing_setup file wtpub://windchill/Libraries/CAD/Standards......etc.. 

Thank You

Kumar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Kumar_KB)

It will not give you an error, BUT unless you have another line for your drawing_setup_file pointing to a disk location, you may miss some settings.

Here is mine: drawing_setup_file X:\OR\Engineering\Systems\PTC_Settings\Drw_Setup\company.dtl

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

It means that the files are stored in Windchill in a folder under the Libraries called CAD with a sub-folder named Standards.

My pro_format_dir is in Windchill, but all of my other templates, etc. are on disk.

This was a recommendation from PTC when we set up Windchill 7 in 2005. Things may have change, but that setup still works.

The reason for the formats being in Windchill is to prevent them being added to drawings and coming into Windchill as new objects. This does not apply to templates and such as those files get renamed and do not 'stay' in session.

Kumar_KB
12-Amethyst
(To:BenLoosli)

Thanks for replying to me.

Actually, I need to understand, What is the meaning of wtpub?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

It is just the identification internal to Windchill to have it look in the Windchill libraries for your file.

In order for it to work properly, everyone MUST register their Windchill server as Windchill in order for it to work.

wtpub://windchill/Libraries breaks down as follows:

wtpub - Windchill's internal name to itself to look for items in common space

windchill - the name that your users have registered in Creo as the name of their Windchill server. It points to the server itself.

Libraries - This points to the Libraries context internal to Windchill

The others in your list are just folders under the Libraries.

Kumar_KB
12-Amethyst
(To:BenLoosli)

Hi BenLoosli,

What if I remove wtpub from config.pro file.

Does it give any error/problem in Creo Parametric?

Thanks

Kumar

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

It will not give you an error, BUT unless you have another line for your drawing_setup_file pointing to a disk location, you may miss some settings.

Here is mine: drawing_setup_file X:\OR\Engineering\Systems\PTC_Settings\Drw_Setup\company.dtl

Top Tags