cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Configuration Options

ptc-4963212
1-Newbie

Configuration Options

I'm borrowing the works creo license so I can experiment with it.

I am hoping that the more advanced users of creo can give me any useful/good configuration options or detailing for drawings etc etc.

4 REPLIES 4
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-4963212)

Ask direct questions. The configuration settings of Creo are 2 broad to give you any useful general answers.

There are 2 files to configure. The config.pro for modeling and some drafting and the details.dtl for specific drafting settings.

Okay, I suppose I'm looking for help with both of them.

I do undertand there are loads of settings that can be configured and its daunting looking at the list of them and knowing what to do.

For example I know you can have an automatic material removal config setting which does what it says.

So really I'm looking for any settings such as the above that can speed up my work other than clicking extremely fast.

All of the config settings are there to give the user control over what they want to happen.

There aren't many, if any, that are plainly superior if they are changed from the default.

Even among the default ones, it is likely to be a guess on the desires of the typical users.

For example, even PTC changes their mind on the value of options: (per Creo 3 Datecode M010)

auto_add_remove

Creo 3: Allows Creo Parametric to automatically switch from add to remove of material for solid extrude and revolve during feature creation. Default NO

Creo 2: Allows Creo to automatically switch from add to remove of material for solid extrude and revolve during feature creation. default YES

David_M
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-4963212)

The most important Creo options in the world:

save_dialog_for_existing_models no

sketcher_refit_after_dim_modify no

Top Tags