cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Consumer/gaming graphics cards

DavidMalicky
1-Newbie

Consumer/gaming graphics cards

I will be building a computer soon and would like to use a consumer/gaming graphics card to save $. I've had good success running Pro/E and Creo in the past with 2 such cards (NVidia GT 520 and 9500 GT) and am hoping for similar compatibility with a current/faster card. I know many years ago NVidia GeForce cards were said to work better than the ATI consumer cards for Pro/E, but I'm not sure if that is still true now for NVidia vs. AMD, and Creo. Everything I'm looking at is OpenGL 4.1 or higher.

If anyone else has run Creo or Pro/E with a consumer/gaming graphics card, could you share your experience on how well it has or hasn't worked? Please also include the model number of the card. All replies appreciated.

David

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

What did you end up going with, and how did it work? I'm currently in the same position you were in and am looking at the Nvidia GeForce 650M.

I ended up biting the bullet and getting a used Quadro 600 off ebay. The hardware is way overpriced, but the drivers make it so much faster for ProE/Creo (something like 4x a $100 GeForce card, even though the GPU itself has much slower specs). I looked into using Quadro drivers on a GeForce card, but that is apparently not possible anymore.

Top Tags