cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Copying Drawing Sheets

MJW
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Copying Drawing Sheets

Hi,

I need to create a copy of an individual drawing sheet from one directory into a new drawing (tab) in a separate directory also importing the part model so that if future modifications are implemented to the part copied into the new directory the drawing will update too. The copy of the drawing (and part) in the donor directory will remain unchanged.

I appreciate that I can select Insert - drawing data and import drawing sheets however this does not allow for updating the new drawing by revising the part and leaving the original drawing and part unchanged.

Similarly, saving a copy of the part and drawing into the new directory would not solve the problem as the drawing is part of a set of drawing sheets and I would still need to add that sheet to the sheet sets.

I hope this questions makes sense?

Any help greatly appreciated.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Hi

Can you explain better what the task is.

Do you want to copy a part A.prt with more than one drawing A1.drw and A2.drw?

What do you mean: "a set of sheets"?

Top Tags