Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corporate Mapkeys - Superseding User Mapkeys

Re: Corporate Mapkeys - Superseding User Mapkeys

The thing you need to consider is many of the corporate mapkeys are used in the ribbon file. So that brings up the issue of how do you make sure you have your correct system mapkeys for your system ribbon, and also allow your users to customize their ribbon.

So here is the other thing I do. I don't store the ribbon in the load point. This is because on our other network with no hard drives, I don't want to wipe out the ribbon if I load a new maintenance build of Creo on the server. Also I want to use the same method on both networks,  So in my startup script I have these lines:

These are from our network where the computers do have hard drives and Creo is loaded normally on the C: drive.

1. rem ** Put the ribbon file in place
  2. echo f|xcopy "L:\configs\ribbon_wci\creo_parametric_customization.ui" "%USERPROFILE%\pro\Creo_2_home\cache\PDMLink_Cache\PTC\ProENGINEER\.Settings\creo_parametric_customization.ui" /y /r
  3. echo y|copy "%USERPROFILE%\pro\creo_2_home\configs\creo_parametric_customization.ui" "%CD%\creo_parametric_customization.ui"  /y /r

In this case

• L: is the network share
  • I copy the system ribbon to the cache instead of the loadpoint. The location as you can see from the command is in the user profile under the users start in dir. which in this case is Creo_2_home.
  • %USERPROFILE% is on the users C: drive (local disk). On our other network this would be H: drive their netapp home dir.

I actually have a startup script for customizing the users ribbon. It doesn't load any ribbons. This allows them to make a clean ribbon and then store it in their configs folder.

If your going to do this you need this config option:

• load_ui_customization_run_dir yes
    • This allows Creo to read a .ui from the run dir.

I can assure you that you don't want any mapkeys in the config.sup. We figured that out in 1989 when we first started on ProE.

I have 3 lines in the sup. This should be a very small file. If you're putting everything including the kitchen sink in that file, you really limit your flexibility.

Highlighted

Here's a video showing multiple mapkeys in the config.sup working in Creo 3 M060. Notice how it disables my add ISO view mapkey from my config.pro (activated by typing ii) but multiple mapkeys from the config.sup work to change the open menu filter. Every mapkey I put in the config.sup seems to work... I've tested the first mapkey and the last mapkey in the config.sup to check for quirks. Now if they could just let mapkeys in the other config.pro's work in addition to this, admins would have a great tool for a standard set of mapkeys for all of their users if desired... And yes, the config.sup should contain very few settings (we have 3 as well).

You could always create a product idea for that.

I just created the product idea for people to vote on:Allow Mapkeys in both config.sup and config.pro

Announcements