cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Creo 2.0 Planar Axis Flipping Issue

jkilhoffer-2
4-Participant

Creo 2.0 Planar Axis Flipping Issue

Software: Creo 2.0, Date Code M220

A colleague is experiencing an issue in which an axis created by a hole in the original planar wall flips direction after making an edit to a part and regenerating. I am fairly certain the axis from the original planar wall is the culprit, as the issue goes away when I create a datum axis and reference it instead of the axis from the original planar wall.

Below is the procedure used to reference the axis. This has been a standard procedure for years, and only now has this issue popped up. Is there a bug in the date code we're using and (if so) is there a fix coming?

I've attached the part for reference.

In sheetmetal, the sketch for the first planar wall has a circle in it that creates a hole after extrusion.

A hole (from Creo tool) was then created that references the axis made from the extruded hole of the original planar wall and the x-plane.

If an edit is made to the original planar wall (not "edit definition"), the hole and its reference appear to mirror across the plane perpendicular to the x-plane.

The hole remains in this incorrect position until the following procedure is executed on the original planar wall:

• "Edit Definition"
  • References
  • Edit
  • OK
  • OK

If I change the referenced axis to a datum axis or one that I create by extruding a geometric point, the issue goes away.

Background:

This same method has been used on several parts in the exact same way and has only become an issue now. We are using Creo 2, Date Code M220.

1 REPLY 1

I've had flipping problems because of negative values in directions.

Nothing I could follow logically; it held the - (minus) and simply kept flipping on each regen.

I suspect it was a bug that was fixed long ago since I am still on M040.

This was an isolated case that only comes up every once in a while.

Redefining the feature with different references normally fixes it.

Top Tags