cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Dell laptops not supported on Windows 10 for Creo?

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Dell laptops not supported on Windows 10 for Creo?

I am looking at the documentation for Creo 4 and Creo 5.  There are no Dell laptops that are on Windows 10 supported for Creo4/5.  Did I miss something in those documents?

It also doesn't list ANY laptops in the Creo 6 document.

What is going on???

5 REPLIES 5
STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:STEVEG)

Nevermind.  Our company has been away from Dell's for a while.  Lenovo....yuck.

I assumed it still had the M in the name.  The new model numbers are just 4 digits. 7530, 7710, etc.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:STEVEG)

Keep in mind that getting on this list means the vendor had to supply each system to PTC and then pay them thousands of dollars to "certify" each of them.  For some vendors it's simply not worth it.  We've had much better performance using custom machines built by Gruman Creations than we ever had from Dell.  We still use Dell everywhere else (Servers, desktops, etc.), but for U.S. based CAD users we are exclusively Gruman.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:TomU)

By the way, Gruman doesn't currently offer laptops, so if I needed one of those I'd look at Boxx.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:TomU)

Thank you for that but our IT dept will not go for custom built computers.

Steve,

All the machines that are certified and/or supported can be found on the  Platform Support page:

https://support.ptc.com/search/Pages/results.aspx#Default={%22ts%22:%221572538479080%22,%22k%22:%22Platform%20Support%22,}

Amit

Top Tags