Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detail view notation format

All

Does anybody know what settings (dtl/config/format file) controls the format used for detail view notations in a drawing?

I have attached two images one from a user's PC with the notation we use and one from a user's PC where the notation is very different.

19 REPLIES 19

Neal Hanratty,

That is a drawing option and not a modeling option. I remember playing
around with this before and I ended up saving a dtl file for this
configuration.

Take a look at the image that I have included here:

Michael P. Locascio

Neal,
It's detail_circle_note_text and the value should be DEFAULT...seems like an odd value but that gives you the 'SEE DETAIL'

[cid:image001.png@01CFAD60.778515F0]

You can make it anything you want...in this case, I set it do say 'NEAL'

[cid:image002.jpg@01CFAD61.1760B340]

Steve Williams
Pro/E Version 15/16 (Circa 1995/1996)

RE: Detail view notation format

yes, that's a drawing .dtl setting. the name's 'view_scale_format'. defaults to 'decimal' but you can change it to a couple types of outputs.

Matt Bracht

-

Nice touch!

RE: Detail view notation format

In Reply to

Sorry, I don't know of an option to adjust the name under the detail view. Seems like a very reasonable request especially since we can control the name on the leader note.

[cid:image002.png@01CFB14A.E7A46280]

Steve Williams

Does anyone know how to turn off the "scale" note, but leave the " detail name" part of the note.
We do not want to show any scales on our drawings.
I already have a format note that says do not scale drawing
but I would like to erase the "scale 2:1" part of the note.

Fred J. Matthis
-

Not sure about any other release but in Creo parametric 2.0, You can change the view name of the detail view in the drawing tree
Right Click > Rename…. the system still puts the word DETAIL in front of the name though… PTC “almost got another one” ☺

Have a good day &_STUFF
Tw

[cid:image001.png@01CFB154.FE0A70A0]

Haha, we’ve had this discussion here at work and on this forum before. I don’t believe there is an option to turn off the scale. To be complete, showing scale on the drawing is an ASME requirement even if you have a note on your drawing that says “do not scale drawing” which is on every drawing I have ever produced at every company I have worked at.

Having the scale on the drawing does not really facilitate scaling a drawing. It’s more about having the size ratio on the print so you know that the bolt hole in one view isn’t physically 3 times larger than the bolt hole in another view.

All of this is my opinion (except the ASME part) and I think if a company wants to not have it on their drawings, that is okay as long as they are consistent.

Steve Williams
Announcements