cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Exporting WF4 Part files for Solidworks IGES / PARASOLID ...CONFIGS ??

kgriffith
1-Newbie

Exporting WF4 Part files for Solidworks IGES / PARASOLID ...CONFIGS ??

Hi,

I need to exoprt WF4 part files to be used for creating small molded parts... one of our vendors is using solidworks... & would like IGES or PARASOLID files... does any one have a "good" list of config pro setupfiles for exporting these files... I'm sure there are some good list of files & "best" practices out there???

any help would be appreciated... THXken

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Ken,

As odd as this is going to sound, I have never had a customer or supplier complain about an IGES model created using the defaults in WF4. The only thing that I set the IGES Export to SOLIDS, not SURFACES. I only do this because of how PTC loves to use curved surface sets to represent threading on holes.

rfried
4-Participant
(To:kgriffith)

I have been managing data exchange between Panasonic Avionics Corp., Boeing, Airbus, Vendors, Suppliers for over a decade.  I have converted for PATRAN use, CATIA V4, CATIA V5, SolidEDGE, SolidWorks, and others.  I have also created STL files for 3D printing.  Through this time, I have never needed anything in an additional "settings" file.  I found that I could control what I needed to from the options dialog (curves, solids, wireframe, etc.), including processing Pro|CABLE parts.  The ability for those files to be opened by a receiving party is FAR MORE dependent on you modeling practices (do you avoid sharp edges, short edges?  Do you use relative or absolute accuracy in your modeling?).  If your modeling practices are bad, well, there isn't much you can do.  The models will often not open as solids at the receiving end.

Top Tags