cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Hello:

lbeman
1-Newbie

Hello:

While installing Creo 3.0, the PTC Installation Assistant continually freezes. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
svillafuerte
6-Contributor
(To:lbeman)

Make sure your Right Mouse Click the setup.exe file and choose "Run as Administrator". In my experience it doesn't install everything correctly unless you do.

Thanks,

I tried that to no avail. I did find out that I can install using the regular setup.exe rather than the setup-schools.exe, it's just a bit more cumbersome.

Len

Hi,

please confirm that you executed following steps:

1.] you downloaded 4 GB zip file from PTC containing installation medium

2.] you unzipped zip file into new directory (what software did you use for unzipping ?)

3.] you launched setup.exe from directory mentioned in step 2.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi,

We aren't server based, we have stand alone licenses for each machine. What I've found I can do is use the standard setup rather than the setup-schools.exe. It's a bit more cumbersome, but it all works out in the end. I've also installed 3.0 on four other machines without incident, so perhaps there is something glitchy with the particular machine I am using.

Len

Hi,

if PTC Installation Assistant continually freezes, you can try this trick ... create new administrator account, log in and run installation.

MH

Martin Hanák

I'll give that a try, many thanks!

Top Tags