cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

How many processes does it take to run Creo?

colmacpro
1-Newbie

How many processes does it take to run Creo?

Why does it take so many processes to run Creo? To eliminate havok we had to exclude them from the virus and firewall.

The traditional

xtop.exe -- Pro/ENGINEER

nmsd.exe -- used hep communication between pro and other apps

pro_comm_msg.exe -- used hep communication between pro and other apps

pfclscom.exe -- which is used for our asyncronous VB application that no longer reliably make a successful connection to Creo with out it locking up.

The new ones

parametric.exe -- I guess this is required to launch Creo Parametric

ptc_ie_server.exe -- runs when using IE as Browser. IE "MUST" be run as a separate process to improve stability.

ptc_win_gecko_server.exe -- runs when using mozilla as browser

creoagent.exe -- Who Knows??

ptcregsvr.exe -- launches everytime you go to open or save a file which seems to degrade performance. Not sure why.

Just venting steam

Joe

5 REPLIES 5

Joe,

I guess that creoagent.exe belongs to PTC Quality Agent software. Every time you finish installation of Creo Parametric 1.0, you have to uninstall PTC Quality Agent software manually.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Are you sure it is the Quality Agent?

creoagent.exe in installed under

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\PTC\Creo\Platform\1.0\creoagent.exe

and in add & remove Programs and Features it is listed as Creo Platform 1.0.

I killed the creoagent.exe process at the very beginning of a session. and everthing seemed to work without it.

I removed the feature Creo Platform 1.0 (creoagent.exe) and Creo tried to automatically install it on the next launch. I deleting and renaming just the creoagent.exe file and everytime Creo would launch it would try reinstall it.

I did get a response back from PTC on the ptcregsvr.exe launching. the config.pro option web_enable_javascript need to be set to off.

Joe

Tech support confirmed that creoagent.exe is the quality agent and it can be uninstalled.

However there is a known issue that Creo will automatically install it if it is not installed.

Suppose to be fixed in M030 that is due out in a couple of weeks.

Joe

Joe,

to avoid installation requests, go to Common Files\M020\install\addon directory and delete two following files - creoagent_32_64.msi and qualityagent_32_64.msi (or creoagent_32.msi and qualityagent_32.msi).

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Good Idea

I added deleting them and the creoagent.exe to the first lines of our site startup script

Thank You

Joe

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: PTC Control Center and Creo+ Portal

Top Tags