cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How to get license usage information in a word or document format?

Shankar_DT
7-Bedrock

How to get license usage information in a word or document format?

I am using Creo Parametric 6.0 6.0.2.0

How to get license usage information in a text format?
I followed the procedure mentioned : Double click “ptcstatus.bat” located under C:\Program Files\PTC\FLEXnet Admin License Server\bin which shows license utilization in command prompt. Is there any way if this data can be shown a word or document format?
Please suggest

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rghadge
15-Moonstone
(To:Shankar_DT)

@Shankar_DT,

Currently, there are below ways from which you can get license usage report:
1. Run "ptcstatus.bat -v" from Flexnet Publisher <Load Point>\bin folder or <Pro/ENGINEER or Creo Load point>\bin folder. This would show the current PTC license usage status.
2. For LMGRD All license transactions are written to the ptclmgrd.log file created in Flexnet<Load Point>\licensing folder
3. For LMADMIN All license transactions are written to the ptc_d.log file created in Flexnet Admin License Server<Load Point>\logs folder

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Chris3
20-Turquoise

In the future you may want to avoid posting customer information in a public forum. In this case I don't think mentioning your customer's name provides any additional detail.

To answer your question there is no out of the box method, but you could write a script that saves the ptcstatus information to a text file which could then be opened in any other format that you desired. For instance if you were using VBS you could write a line such as:

oShell.Run "ptcstatus.bat -nopause >>" & TempTxtFile & """", 0, False

This would dump the license file to a text file which you could then further manipulate.

thanks Chris, yes I accidentally put customer details but removed later. ok so i am totally unaware of vbs and all coding related stuff so i just have license server installed with windows 10 OS and how do i go about then ? if its VB how do and where do i write this code you have mentioned. I am a total amateur on this please help. thanks 

rghadge
15-Moonstone

@Shankar_DT,

Currently, there are below ways from which you can get license usage report:
1. Run "ptcstatus.bat -v" from Flexnet Publisher <Load Point>\bin folder or <Pro/ENGINEER or Creo Load point>\bin folder. This would show the current PTC license usage status.
2. For LMGRD All license transactions are written to the ptclmgrd.log file created in Flexnet<Load Point>\licensing folder
3. For LMADMIN All license transactions are written to the ptc_d.log file created in Flexnet Admin License Server<Load Point>\logs folder

thanks so much

Top Tags