cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Installation Issue

rubenvillarreal
13-Aquamarine

Installation Issue

Hello,

At my company, they bought 3 floating licenses.

Now we already downloaded Creo, but nobody knows how to install it! Should I maintain my licenses on the server? On the local machine? Does anybody has a guide? Should I install other software first?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:rubenvillarreal)

If you paid for floating licenses then you might as well install them that way.  You will need a computer (or real server) to act as the license server.  You will need to request a license file from PTC based on the MAC address of this license server.  Once you have the license file you can install the license manager on the server and add your new license file to it.  On the clients you just have to install the Creo software and then point it to this license server.  There shouldn't be any prerequisites to installing Creo (that aren't already included in the download).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:rubenvillarreal)

If you paid for floating licenses then you might as well install them that way.  You will need a computer (or real server) to act as the license server.  You will need to request a license file from PTC based on the MAC address of this license server.  Once you have the license file you can install the license manager on the server and add your new license file to it.  On the clients you just have to install the Creo software and then point it to this license server.  There shouldn't be any prerequisites to installing Creo (that aren't already included in the download).

rubenvillarreal
13-Aquamarine
(To:TomU)

Ok, now I found a problem.

I can´t install the FlexNet on the server since is not compatible (too old). Do you know a solution for that?

That is hard to go around.

Upgrade the server OS to an approved level, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 or Windows 7 or 8 may also be used.

Use a different machine for the license manager. ou can use one of the workstations as the license server for the other 2.

I am assuming that the workstations are up-to-date with Windows 7 or 10.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BenLoosli)

One caveat.  If these licenses are for Creo 4.0 M010 (or later) they require FlexLM 11.14.  FlexLM 11.14 will not run on Windows Server 2003 or 2008.  It needs 2008 R2, or later.  See http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/121640/en/PTC_LMS_Download.pdf for more info.

Thanks! It sounds like a good solution, I will tell that to the guy responsible for the installation, hope it helps...

Hi,

Question: Why you did not ask your PTC VAR for a help ?

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags