cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Learning 3.0 but need to use 2.0. What do I need to know?

pfrich
1-Newbie

Learning 3.0 but need to use 2.0. What do I need to know?

So I am taking a Creo test in order to get a job and I have spent a few weeks learning Creo through online instruction and my background in SolidWorks. Unfortunately I will be tested on my ability to use Creo 2.0 but I currently only have access to 3.0.

Can you tell me the major differences or possible areas where I could get tripped up so I am better prepared for this test?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:pfrich)

I haven't spent a lot of time in Creo 3 yet, but I've played with it and here are somethings you'll need to know.

The right mouse menu in Creo 3 is populated with icons, in Creo 2 it's all text. Make sure you know the names of the commands.

In Creo 3 hen you switch from one window to another, it's automatically "activated", in Creo 2 you have to manually activate the window when you switch using the green check mark button on the view tab.  You can set Creo 3 to act like Creo 2 by setting the config option activate_window-automatically to no.

I believe Creo 3 has more commands in the "Quick launch" toolbar at the top of the screen by default.  Specifically, some of the window tools (close, activate, switch windows, etc.) are there and I believe these are not by default in Creo 2.

There is no "notification center" in Creo 2.

For the most part, however, they are very similar.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Top Tags