cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Managing Many Mapkeys

mlindsay
4-Participant

Managing Many Mapkeys

This post is a companion to my LiveWorx 2016 presentation titled LiveWorx 2016 | 175 - Customer Panel Discussion PTC Creo: Tips and Tricks.

During my section of the panel, I show an Excel workbook I created that can change the keypresses of your mapkeys (through editing the config.pro). This function is greyed out of the normal mapkey UI (at least up through Creo 3.0). This makes sharing mapkeys pretty easy, because the biggest hurdle is dealing with someone else's funky keypresses. Plus, reorganizing your own is pretty useful, too.

I am not a programmer, and I feel that I need to specify that, because my VBA coding my very well be hideous. Also, this is certainly a case of "if all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail‌." But, I think that having it in Excel lends itself to customization quite well.

So, I'll just drop it in here. It should be self explanatory. Just note, it appends your config.pro (or whatever file you specify). So watch that it doesn't get too large over time.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags