cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Mapkey to toggle browser?

tleati
10-Marble

Mapkey to toggle browser?

Hallo,

anyone could tell which are the mapkey strings to insert in the config.pro in order to have a mapkey that toggles the browser? (in Creo Parametric 2.0)

thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:tleati)

Tommaso,

You can try below mapkey, keyword is X.

mapkey X @MAPKEY_LABELopen/close browser;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `BrowserOpenCloseChkBtn`;

I have to retrieve a little my first enthusiasm ...under certain circumstances it doesn't work and I really can't describe in which cases and for which reasons...

it's strange indeed, all I know is that in some cases, (before your suggestion some time ago I had put the browser icon in the bar under the ribbon (the keys Alt+5 are associated to it)) while Alt+5 works, the x button doesn't...

as soon as (and if) I can get further information I will keep you up-to-date

bye bye

psobejko
12-Amethyst

I find that the recorded mapkeys are often flakey - they are prone to failing when the GUI state changes.

It takes a more investigation but it's worth finding the actual ProCmdxxxxxxx function that does what you want to do - calling these is usually more robust.

In your case, try the following mapkey:

mapkey X @MAPKEY_NAMEToggles between showing and hiding the Web Browser;@MAPKEY_LABELShow/Hide Browser;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdBrowserBtn` -1;

(It's working right now in my Creo 2.0 M140 session , but note: in my configuration, I have my browser launch in a separate window.)

Good luck!

tleati
10-Marble
(To:psobejko)

Hi Paul,

thanks for your suggestion. Indeed I think also Mahesh's was not a recorded mapkey (also, since I tried myself to record one without success).

your strings have the same problem, in some cases it doesn't work (and I still don't know why).

The ProCmdBrowserBtn seems to be the best solution to me too, but maybe your mapkey is missing something like ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` as in Mahesh's ??

I do not use browser in separate window, if it may make the difference..

thanks

psobejko
12-Amethyst

Hmm, it works for me, without any issues, so I don't know why it sometimes doesn't work for you.

One thing to keep in mind about mapkeys is that very often, it is not apparent that you have inadvertently pressed the space bar, in which case you think you are typing in your mapkey "X" and wonder why it isn't activating - because the space character (not really visible in the status bar) is in front and there is no mapkey " X" . So you have to clear the prompt (press ENTER) and then press X.

tleati
10-Marble

yes thanks, but I already know the fact about the small prompt bar in the lower left corner of the window.

Instead, I have just discovered, for both your mapkeys, what seems to be the (or one of the) source(s) of the problem:

-the mapkeys stop working if (when) I click on whichever object in the browser window, for example on a windchill row corresponding to a CAD part...

while I am looking for a mapkey working on the active window (if not possible, on the window of the active item is also ok) in any situation...

I enclose a video of the screen when I perform this:

Video Link : 5904

bye

psobejko
12-Amethyst

Well, yes - I also can't use my mapkey once I start to manipulate objects in the separate browser.

That makes sense, since when the browser is active its window has the focus, and anything you type into it will not be interpreted as a mapkey.

In general, Creo main window has to be active for mapkeys to work. If you can't see your mapkey string being echoed in Creo's status bar, then it simply won't work...

I like your ALT- shortcut method; I'd suggest you put the browser icon in 1st or 2nd place on the quick-access toolbar - it's easier to do ALT-1 or ALT-2 vs ALT-5...

tleati
10-Marble

yes, it's a pity there is no way of doing it....in the positions alt-1 to alt-4 there are most frequently used buttons (unfortunately).

thanks anyway for your mapkey,

bye

Top Tags