cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Mapkeys - recorded vs. written

cfly
4-Participant

Mapkeys - recorded vs. written

All:

Seeing the recent discussion on how to create a mapkey to change sheets
reminds me of something I've wondered for years: is there ever a time when a
given mapkey cannot simply be recorded? I understand that the text that
makes the mapkey might have to be put into Pro/Program or some other
extension of Pro, but couldn't one simply record what they want done, save
the config file, open it with Notepad or equivalent, and copy the text that
pertains to that mapkey? Is there ever a case where this would not be
possible? Seems to me it would be much easier to go that route than to try
to troubleshoot a handwritten mapkey...

Thanks,

Carol

efefefefefefef

Applied Research Labs

University of Texas at Austin

Carol Fly

Mechanical Designer

(512) 835-3397

Fax (512) 835-3259

efefefefefefef

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
TimKnier
4-Participant
(To:cfly)

I usually create my mapkeys using the record button and it works great most of the time. However, every once in a while it doesn't work and it seems a little quirky. Things like the mapkey recording won't activate a window or a menu in a pop up window. I even had one mapkey that drove me crazy. It involved selecting an icon in the menu bar. If I just selected the icon without a mapkey it took me to a prompt to that I wanted. If I ran the mapkey that involved selecting the same icon, I got a different prompt. I tried several times to recreate it but always with the same results. Finally I just gave up.

Tim Knier
QG Product & Support Engineering
QuadTech
A Subsidiary of Quad/Graphics
Sussex, Wisconsin
414-566-7439 phone
-<">mailto:->
www.quadtechworld.com<">http://www.quadtechworld.com>

I've found quite often that going through the menus instead of picking an icon made picks match up. Not always, but most of the time.

In Reply to Tim Knier:

I usually create my mapkeys using the record button and it works great most of the time. However, every once in a while it doesn't work and it seems a little quirky. Things like the mapkey recording won't activate a window or a menu in a pop up window. I even had one mapkey that drove me crazy. It involved selecting an icon in the menu bar. If I just selected the icon without a mapkey it took me to a prompt to that I wanted. If I ran the mapkey that involved selecting the same icon, I got a different prompt. I tried several times to recreate it but always with the same results. Finally I just gave up.

Tim Knier
QG Product & Support Engineering
QuadTech
A Subsidiary of Quad/Graphics
Sussex, Wisconsin
414-566-7439 phone
-<
www.quadtechworld.com<
Top Tags