cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Mill Volume and Mill Surface ribbon icons greyed out?

dhile
1-Newbie

Mill Volume and Mill Surface ribbon icons greyed out?

Hello Everyone! This is my first inquiry to the group. Would anyone know why our Mill Volume and Mill Surface ribbon icons would be greyed out? We are using Creo 3.0 M10. I can go into process manager and it is active and works, just not on the ribbon interface. Is there config.pro setting I need to make? I'm struggling a little going from Wildfire 2.0 to Creo 3. What a change!

CREO3_M10_MILL_SURF_GREYED.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
NickMihelich
6-Contributor
(To:dhile)

I just created a new manufacturing file and the mill volume and mill surface were grayed out until i assembled a reference part. Then they became active hope this helps. I believe the ribbon is setup for to work from left to right ref model, workpiece, operation....

gkoch
1-Newbie

This is strange! Without a model assembled (ref part or workpiece), Process manager should be grayed out as well.

Maybe a specific license / license missing?

dhile
1-Newbie

Hey Guys, thanks for responding. @nick, I see what you are saying, looks as though you are correct with the left to right process. As a side note,I did have a reference part set and have quite a large program going on with about different 200 tool paths, and still it will not show up as it did in Wildfire. As gkoch said, it should be greyed out in both areas. Guess we can chalk it up to more inconsistency with the new interface. For now I am using process manager for making up my mill surfs and such.

Darrin

Top Tags