cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Pro/E 5.0 crashes upon selecting a Windchill link

bmills
1-Newbie

Pro/E 5.0 crashes upon selecting a Windchill link

THIS IS NOT AN IE11 problem! Just thought I start with that disclaimer. I have a user running Pro/E WF5.0 M150 connected to Windchill 9.1 m060. Running fine until yesterday. He can start and run Pro/E but as soon as he clicks on any links to our Windchill server Pro/E disappears. He is running IE10 and we have tried, removing the local cache, reinstalling Pro/E, resetting the IE explorer back to defaults.....I'm out of ideas. I can display other web sites in the embedded browser, such as ptc.com, but as soon as we attempt to connect to our local Windchill server.....Pro/E shuts down.

3 REPLIES 3
bmills
1-Newbie
(To:bmills)

Problem resolved.
It was IE10 this time. Uninstalling the IE10 update and reverting back to IE9 resolved this issue. So be aware, in some instances, IE10, not just IE11, will cause issues with Pro/E (5.0 in this case) as well.
Bob
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:bmills)

I keep bumping back to IE8. Every so often I get a required update so I have to move back every so often. Talk about outdated software, but it works, so I don't complain.

Top Tags