cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

ProE worker recipe file STEP file configurations

CorySkradski
1-Newbie

ProE worker recipe file STEP file configurations

What Pro/Engineer worker recipe file configurations are required to generate a STEP file?

Cory Skradski

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Apparently, publishing STEP, IGES, etc. is available out-of-the-box beginning in 10.1.

That being said, I have looked into J-Link/Windchill 9.1 integration APIs to perform a STEP export via workflow expression.

I can callout a J-Link asynchronous application from a workflow expression whereby a headless pro/E session converts and exports a STEP file.

Cory Skradski

You can always just use the pre-existing Pro/e Visualization file and perform a Save-As to STEP file using Creo View professional. This costs you about 900$ a license I think. A LOT cheaper than adding a second worker, second Pro/e license and having to maintain them. Plus if you have multiple types of CAD data you wouldn't need another STEP publisher for that either.

That being said, I look forward to the day when a Creo publishing job spits out the normal visualization file AND additional formats at the same time without having to reload the job. Maybe that does work in 10.1? I haven't seen it yet. I certainly like how they are making these additional files available via a RMB click too.

[cid:image001.gif@01CDA092.F8C14EE0]

Steve Vinyard
Application Engineer
Top Tags