our IT department would like to deploy several machines with ProEngineer and ProIntralink. Unfortunately those two provided switches are not satisfying. Talking about setup.exe -uilog and setup.exe -uitrail <install-unattended.txt>.
What did I do?
- Created a custom install for PTC ProEngineer Wildfire 4
- Copied the files to a network share
- Run the setup.exe -uilog from the network share
- Renamed the output-file of the -uilog to install-unattended.txt
- Resetted the virtual (test) machine (Win 7 x64 up-to-date)
- Run the setup.exe -uitrail install-unattended.txt
- Waited ages and stated that the installation will not run any further somewhere after I put in the names of the network license servers (triade)
- Resetted the virtual test machine
- Retried to run the setup.exe -uitrail ... again
- This time it stopped somewhere at the beginning of the installation process (copying files)
- Right now there is no reliable deployment possible the way I did it
Our issue is that there is that the ProE installation with the trail-file doesn't work completely because the Java Runtime Environment is not captured in the whole uilog-Capture-process. So I deactivated the module but sometime the installation still just stops at within the setup.
- How can I check the reason why the installation did not run through completely? Any (setup) log, anywhere?
- Did you notice any errors according to run the installation?
I'd be glad to get some help because the users should get and test the new Windows 7 x64 with ProE and ProI soon.